A brief glimpse into the daily happenings of a 6-year-old, his new baby brother and his family.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ben

4 years ago today, Benjamin Charles Mayfield made his grand (albeit SLOW) entrance into the world. He's still cute, still charming, and still doing most everything on his own terms. In honor of what a big boy he is now, I thought I'd randomly select a few pictures from to share.


Ben in his bouncy seat at about 4 months old. I don't think either of us would have survived without it!


First "real" food.. baby cereal. He looked at us like, "THIS is what you're going to feed me? How about some buffalo wings or M&M's? And don't think I don't see you drinking that Diet Coke."



Ah, scary clowns. Can you believe that I let him have his picture taken next to Gymbo the clown? Although he looks happy about it then, at a recent Gymboree birthday party, he informed me that clowns "freak him out." Good boy.


First pool party at Mimi's house.



First job. Not really, it was the first time we visited Paradise Park. He loved playing in the pretend grocery store. Look at how long the child-sized apron was!



I added this one because of the battered child quality. Look at his forehead and his knee. I don't remember exactly how he got either of those. He's sitting on top of his water table, which he still loves playing with.




While I can't even begin to predict what the next 4 years may bring, it's clear that his future's so bright, he's gotta wear shades.

No comments: