A brief glimpse into the daily happenings of a 6-year-old, his new baby brother and his family.

Friday, January 12, 2007

W.T. Dessert


How do I pass the day when the ice is pinging the windows and it's too cold to go outside? I bake. Today, it was chocolate chip cookies, Tippin's cornbread, and peach butter pecan cobbler. Yep, I'm a regular Martha Stewart when the weather keeps me from the mall. Ok, I used a cookie mix for the chocolate chip cookies, but I think it still counts.

The recipe below is from my Aunt Nancy (hands down, the best chef I know). She found it in a small town Nebraska newspaper. I'm not sure why I've decided it's W.T. (white trash), it's probably more "Country" (maybe in the way that Britney Spears is "country" and doesn't see the need for carseats). Be it W.T. or Country... it's wonderful. It really is as simple as the directions imply. Serve it warm with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream.

Note: Save the recipe. It's excellent served as dessert with W.T. casserole (next week's What's for Dinner entry). Yep, Tina, it's almost time for sloppy joe casserole.


Peach Butter Pecan Cobbler

Ingredients
1 29 oz. can sliced peaches (it's the BIG can of peaches-- n heavy syrup)
1 butter pecan cake mix
1/2 c. margarine melted
1 c. chopped pecans (or more)

Directions
In a 9×13 inch pan, pour peaches with juice. Evenly shake the dry cake mix over peaches. Drizzle margarine over cake mix. Top with pecans. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes until done.

No comments: