A brief glimpse into the daily happenings of a 6-year-old, his new baby brother and his family.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mom My Ride

So funny and so true.
(Thanks, Jeremy)

Even though my ride hasn't been "mom-ed", I do have a "back-car-seat driver" to help me find my way on the busy, busy streets of Suburbia. Yesterday, a woman rolled through a 4-way stop and I had to brake quickly to avoid a crash. Thank God my back-car-seat driver alarm went off...
B: MOMMY!
H: What?
B: WHAT YOU DO? THAT WAS BUMPY!
H: Mommy just had to stop fast so I didn't crash with that lady.
B: YOU'RE GOING TO CRASH THIS VAN. MY BLUE VAN.
H: No, really. It wasn't that close. Besides, it wasn't my fault. (do you like how I'm trying to defend my actions?)
B: THAT'S NOT SAFE DRIVING. THESE STREETS ARE DANGEROUS.
H: Seriously. It was no big deal. The lady made a mistake (I was careful to aviod the word "accident" for fear of how the story might get twisted later). She just forgot to stop. Mommy didn't even road rage at her. It's no big deal.
B: MOMMY, I'm NOT happy about this.

After a few moments of silence, during which I can only imagine he was analyzing every road rule he could think of, a little voice from the backseat said..
B: Her just make a mistake. Mommy not rage.

That's right, love. Where would I be without my back-car-seat driver? Don't know how anyone drives around without one.

No comments: