A brief glimpse into the daily happenings of a 6-year-old, his new baby brother and his family.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Lighting The Fween

I realized today that it's been awhile since I wrote about the crazy stuff Ben says. Here are a few of our recent favorites:


First conversation of the morning (as I opened his door):
B: Mommy, you came back.
H: Good morning, Buddy.
B: I like you when you come back. It's so sad when you slam me in my room.


Last Friday, when I picked him up from school:
B: I'm glad you here, Mommy. I really need coffee. Can we go?
H: Do you want to go to Starbucks with Aunt Katie and Baby Hannah?
B: Yes. And drink lots of coffee.
(A new drive-thru Starbucks just opened by our house. Ben gets a "chocolate coffee"--choclate milk-- and sips it like a good soccer mom as we cruise down the road.)


Dinner conversation:
B: Daddy, are you the boss?
D: I dunno, am I? (I'm sure he would have said, "yes" had I not been sitting there)

B: Nope. Sorry. Abby's the boss.

Talking to the animals
H: What does a donkey say?
B: YEE-HAW! (as he demonstrates donkey kicks)


A week long, several times a day inability to communicate:
B: Mommy, it's "mountains of dookie."
H: What? Mountains of dookie? (as I thought: piles of poo?)
B: No Mommy. "MOUNTAINS of DOOOOOKIE"
H: Ummm.. can you show me?
B: No. Mommy-- just say, "OH, MOUNTAINS of DOOOKIE. I know you mean, Ben."
H: Are the mountains big?
B: No, Mommy, listen. MOUNTAINS... MOUNTAINS OF DOOOOOOOOKIE. You know?
After many unsuccessful attempts (a whole mountain of them), I finally heard what he was saying:
B: Mommy. Tyrone. MOUNTAINS OF DOOOOKIE. With Pablo.
H: Ooooooh! Mounties on Duty. (from the Backyardigans TV show) Oh my God, is that what you've been trying to tell me? Mounties on Duty.
B: Hooray! Clap for Mommy. That's it! That's it! Mountains of dookie.

Our newest obsession:
B: Lighting the Fween. Let's do it!

H: What?
B: Lighting the Fween. Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch!
H: What's wrong? Did you get hurt?
B: No. Let's watch it.
H: Watch what?
B: Lighting the Fween. The fastest racer.
H: Oh! Do you want to watch Cars?
B: Yep. Lighting the Fween is the red guy.
(Lightning McQueen is the main character in the Disney movie, Cars. You know, Lighting the Fween. In the opening scene, he blows out his tires and says, "ouch, ouch" as he crosses the finish line.)

No comments: