A brief glimpse into the daily happenings of a 6-year-old, his new baby brother and his family.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

They got married on a TUESDAY?

Today, Don and I have been married 8 years. What did we do to mark the occasion? Well, Don did a site visit to a Sprint call center and listened in on customer service calls all day. I worked on some curriculum resources, took the van in to the dealer to have the air bag malfunction fixed, and played Power Rangers with Ben.

At about 9:30 this morning, my cell phone rang.
D: I can't believe you let me out of the house without telling you 'happy anniversary' today.

H: Yeah, I know. A few minutes ago, I just realized what the date was.
D: Well, Happy Anniversary.
H: Yeah, you too. Happy Anniversary.

Awww, the romance. I can hardly wait to see what our 50 year anniversary is like.

Wondering about the title of this blog? A few years ago, Don and I were on the phone and he told me it was his co-worker's first anniversary. I immediately flew into a rant that went something like this:

H: THEY GOT MARRIED ON A TUESDAY? THAT IS THE MOST STUPID THING I'VE EVER HEARD. WHO GETS MARRIED ON A TUESDAY? HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK? YOU ASK ALL YOUR GUESTS TO TAKE A SICK DAY? WHAT, IS IT CHEAPER? JEEZ.
Don: I'm just going to give you a minute.
H: Huh? (pause) OOOOOHHHHHHH. Oops.


That little exchange pretty much sums up why we work so well together.

This weekend, we are heading to San Antonio for an anniversary vacation. Ben will stay at Camp Mimi, thus making it a "vacation" and not a "trip."

No comments: