A brief glimpse into the daily happenings of a 6-year-old, his new baby brother and his family.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dinner Conversation

Tonight was one of those very rare "Leave it to Beaver" family evenings. I cooked dinner and we actually sat at the table (shocking) as a family. And it wasn't even 9pm.

As we sat down:
B: Aww. I have my two best friends right where I want them. (Of course, Don and I had been instructed to be the Red and Pink Ranger, but still very sweet.)

About his day:
H: Tell Daddy about the new block you learned at Tae Kwon Do.

B: It's called the front block. I better just show you. (gets down and does some impressive arm flailing that actually looked very close to what Miss Pamela showed me this morning.) Daddy, it's hard work, but ya' know what? I just "brought it."

Concerning current events:
H: Ben, do you know who our new president is going to be?
B: Uh, nope.
H: Barack Obama.
B: He won? That's great. But you know who else is a total winner? The Jayhawks.



Regarding the meal:
B: Mommy? I can't eat this. It's an octagon. I only eat circle hamburger. (We had
white trash casserole with ground beef. Evidently, we had special octagon ground beef. Hmmm.)
H: What's an octagon?
B: What do you think? It's a shape with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 sides.
D: Octagon? Where did he learn that?
B: School. It's what I do all day.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh, Heather... I love you guys so much! Ben is wicked smart-- you are in for a crazy ride!